Who Am I?

My photo
I live in a small town, where very little happens, yet I follow the world in hopes in that one day things will be different. I gather information from around the world and develop my opinions and then share them with others. Not in the hopes of changing minds, but in the hopes of producing thought.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thanks for the support

So I've been paying attention to the recent suit against MS and other such changes to how the interwebz is being controlled. Some seriouz crazy business goin on out there in the real world, though I hazard a guess that most of the politicians don't live in the same world as you or I.

Anyways, I just read an article this morning about Apple's recent pot shots they took at Windows at the WWDC09.
Now, I really don't care which OS a person uses, after it's their damned choice. What I do have a problem with is when a company gets on one band wagon and stays there, and as a pitiful side effect breeds blind fools that will follow that company to the end of the circuit board.
That's exactly what Apple has been doing these last few years. Instead of actually talking about their products abilities, well I should say mostly, the majority of their advertising is based on a bash windows system. If people think that Windows is failing or is seriously dangerous for people to use and not secure, then they will come and buy from us.
I understand that this is a free market society and I encourage that, people's choice will decide the outcome, always had and always will.
Apple does indeed have some fantastic products that are leaders in their market niche, however when it what said that Win7 is just another version of Vista and that "still has to deal with DLLs, the registry, disk defragmenter, and so on"...I find that highly distateful to users in general. Most users don't even know that those items even exist, much less know what they are.
The comment about it being another version of Vista is also ridiculous, after with Apple working on Snow Leopard, their next release, isn't that just another verison of Leopard?

The bashing of products really needs to cease, on both sides. I say sides since the leaders here are MS and Apple. Though a good majority of Linux users also bash MS.
The only way that a product will improve is when there is a demand for it, or if there is competition. Now for these companies, competition is rated in revenue, or as we lamens call it. Paychecks.

If you want them to improve it, then don't buy it. If the company truly cares about innovation and improving technology, then they will improve upon their product or create a new one to bring back a consumer base.

Anyways, I've digressed. I just wanted to say a thank you to all the Mac Users out there that have had it with the way that Apple has been treating Windows and appreciate it that even if for just a moment you say that this calling of names has gone too far and there needs to be a break.

No comments:

Whose There?