Who Am I?

My photo
I live in a small town, where very little happens, yet I follow the world in hopes in that one day things will be different. I gather information from around the world and develop my opinions and then share them with others. Not in the hopes of changing minds, but in the hopes of producing thought.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Federal Government says "No You Can't" to Arizona!

I am ashamed to call myself an American.

The "President" of Mexico comes to a special session of Congress and lamblasts Arizona's laws, while Mexico's are far worse, and yet he does nothing to ebb the flow from his country. The worse part of this is that certain members of Congress actually applauded this man.

I thought I lived in America.

Now one state stands alone, taking criticism from other states, the federal government, and even other countries while trying to defend its borders and citizens.

I thought Laws mattered in America.

Minorities push the majority around when it comes to civil laws, preying on the compassion people, and slaps the term of racism and racial profiling to anyone who would disagree or stand with Arizona.

I believed that America stood for unity; The United States of America.

My country, my nation, my very heritage is crumbling because of people that lack the fortitude and backbone to stand up for what is right and just. I see a day where my grandchildren will not even know of a country called The United States of America, as it will have been divided and conquered, not by war or unrest, but by the signing of a pen backed by uneducated people marking a check box on a ballot and trusting their futures to a political puppet.

I barely knew my nation before it was taken from me. 
Rest in peace America, 1776 – 2010; May your dream live on in the hearts of Free Peoples.

No comments:

Whose There?